the Legendary John Morton's B-day

To: "bluebirds list" <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>, "datsun pick
Subject: the Legendary John Morton's B-day
From: "Merlin" <merlin@datsunhistory.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:28:59 -0800
Just to Echo Dennis(and Les) a bit (cue music as I get on my soapbox)

Send John Morton a Birthday note, even if it's just "Happy Birthday from
a  510/roadster/z/521/ owner"  your name and a list of your Datsuns...

Why? I've never met him, but I hear he's a real cool guy.
Other than that, here's a few short reasons...

The first 2(of 10 consecutive) C production championships in a Z car. A
lot of the race development of your Z came with John(and obviously BRE)
behind the wheel - alot of the things BRE did made it into later production
cars(fully balanced cranks, etc).

2 Trans Am 2.5 challenge championships in a 510 - you think your car would
be considered as "one of the top 100 cars of the Century" if not for this
little racing push?

Les Cannaday has John's personal 521 truck in the backyard of CDM - probably
still awaiting restoration lol- john loved that truck.

I've yet to meet a roadster guy who doesn't have a BRE 46 roadster pic or
patch or sticker somewhere in their shop or home - He won some championship
in that car right?

Not to mention Lime Rock May 27 1988...

http://www.geocities.com/mikebirchphotos/morton/index.html

This story alone is worthy of legend status....

If not for people Like John, and Pete Brock, and Mr. K, and Bob Sharp, etc...
you'd be driving a car with as much charisma as a lemon yellow '73 Toyota
Corolla, a rusty Fiat Spider, or a 75 Mustang II. Instead you drive a
"Champion".

This is the address...

happybirthdayjohn@johnmortonracing.com

 Okay, I'll put my soapbox away for another year.

Merlin Blackwell
Blackwell Park Operations Ltd.
www.explorewellsgray.com
www.datsunhistory.com