Re: [Roadsters] 9 piece carpet kit?

To: "'Brian Reynolds'" <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>, "'Roadster List'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 9 piece carpet kit?
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:07:32 -0400
According to the receipts that came with my car, the carpet (loop pile) came
from TIR. I vaguely remember what "original" carpet looked like in these
cars but not enough to judge. My carpet looks fine for the most part, except
where I drilled through it to put on an aftermarket shift boot and wound a
yarn around the drill bit. Looks like a run in a pair of stockings. Don't do
this.
The trunk piece is carpet, not rubber. Mine also has a matching carpet spare
tire cover (also known as the place I keep the screws that I can't figure
out where they came from! HAHAHA)

There is a heel pad on the drivers side which is lifting off the pile, so
sooner or later I'll be buying new carpet. I'll be calling Dean when I do.

My 2 cents
Matt Smith,
And Loreli (She's a '70 Silver Solex)