Re: [Roadsters] Loose brakes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Loose brakes
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:07:25 -0700
Sure, plenty, starting with "search the archives" as this has been discussed
many time. Awwwww, c'mon guys, you -KNEW- I was gonna say that! <g>

2. You have the dual-resevoir master brake cylinder. Are both resevoirs
empty?
3. When's the last time the brake fluid was completely flushed? This should
be done every two years.
4. Inspect the brakes (you may have to remove the wheels). Any evidence of
brake fluid leaks? Front pads? Rear linings? Rotor thickness?
5. And then there's the lovely firewall flexing/cracking where the brake m/c
mounts, but let's skip that for now.

More info:

<http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.Brakes>

If you find no leaks, flush and bleed and take it from there.

Cheers.

Pete