[Roadsters] [Fwd: Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed]

To: DATSUN LIST <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] [Fwd: Re: [Shop-talk] trailer advice needed]
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:34:39 -0500
I thought I sent this to the list, but evidently I didn't. so here it is.

Peace,
Pat

------------------------

I assume that your axle nut is a castle nut and there is a hole drilled
through the axle for a cotter key. Might it be possible to drill another
hole through? I would suspect that it is hardened, but using
electromachining another hole could be added?

You might also see about obtaining a few other nuts that fit, they might
have different relationships between the thread and castle locations. Or
try swapping nuts from axle to axle to see if that makes any difference.

Finally, see if you can find any thinner nuts with the same thread to
use with a jam plate between  them to lock the nuts in place.

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001