[Roadsters] Twisties & Posties (Rust) - Heads Up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Twisties & Posties (Rust) - Heads Up
From: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:54:58 -0700
List
Just doing some anal tidying up on Eliza waiting for the 5 speed to be
assembled and noticed that there was rust under ALL the twisties. Posties
were fine.

My car is a California car, recently (4 years ago) seriously refurbished (
by a PO, Bunny)  and other than washing and a few rainy days, not exposed to
water. The posties typically come with a nylon washer that seems to keep the
postie away from the paint work, but the twisties (at least as installed on
Eliza) still had metal contact, since they are not 'flush' and the
'standard' washer was not thick enough to keep the twistie away from the
body, hence rust.

So, I just cut some rubber 'gaskets' to shape, polished the paint, polished
the twistie and reinstalled.

Just an FYI FWIIS ( or is that an IRS)

Peter
Eliza '70 SPL TOADSAN