[Roadsters] windshield wiper motor

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] windshield wiper motor
From: <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:18:52 -0400
I put juice to the roadster this week to start testing circuits and verify my
wiring.  The wiper motor did not work.  I got under the dash and pulled one of
the wiper arms and the motor ran for a second or 2.  I haven't done anything
since.  My plan is to pull and bench test it and also check for any binding.
Are there any issues I should know about on these motors?  Also, I pulled one
from my parts car ('65) and it has a wiring harness plug in the end of it with
4 posts while my ('67) motor has 5 wires coming out of it.  Anyone know the
wiring scheme of the 4 wire motor?  So far, no major issues on the wiring. The
lights, horn, turn signals, horns, and clock all work.  Will start testing the
door actuators and power window circuits next when I have time.

Gary Tew
Phx, AZ
early '67 1600 (VG30E)