[Roadsters] aluminum door kick panel sizing question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] aluminum door kick panel sizing question
From: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:11:51 -0700
So, my interior is far from "original", or "pristine".
The PO was a Z-car restorer, and it was his shop truck, so "a cobbled together
collection of bits n' bobs" is a closest description.
Anyway, many moon ago I scrapped the severely depleted door panels and made
carbon fiber panels.
In mounting them I quickly found out that the angled portion at the aft 3" was
not suitable for unforgiving, non-compliant flat panel CF stock.  Ahh well,
let 'em rattle, left the bottom un-attached.
So, finally, recently, I cut the 'should be angled' pie shaped portion off the
flat panel, and fits up/ lines up fine on the driver side.
But, on the passenger side, now that the door panel has been shortened, the
kick panel is ~3" too long.

I have two kick panels that are two different lengths. !!!
Is there some model year mismatch here?  Anyone want a long one, or want to
trade a long one for a short one?

I could splash them and make a tool to make composite kick panels, but I can't
splash a correctly-sized RH part to make a LH tool, that just won't work.

Perplexed,
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA