Re: [Roadsters] Ignition

To: "Jim Gammon" <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Ignition
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:34:48 -0700
Jim,

I replaced my steering column once, and then had the tumbler go bad again.
After spending $33.00 to have the keys matched the first time (I did not
have a key for the new tumbler) I did not want to do that again.

Looking at the aftermarket ignition switches I purchased one that looked
like it might work and finally decided the best place to put it was right
where the old one was.  Take a look at how I did it here:

http://www.datsun2000.com/tech/switch

Cost of the part was $6.95, and I can replace it anytime I want.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com