[Roadsters] V8 Roadster

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] V8 Roadster
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:12:16 EDT
Hi All

Well the V8 is finally home and, as expected, there's a whole lot  of work to
do. It's 1970 1600 with a 351 Windsor, which sits slightly  taller than the
289/302. It also sits too far forward for anything like decent  handling, so
we're moving it back by around 8 inches, fabricating a new bulkhead  and moving
the radiator - which is a VW item currently fitted in the  trunk! All the
hoses are routed down the passenger footwells - I am  not joking! But it did
run
with this set up for a couple of years in  the San Diego area.

That said, the brakes have been uprated (not sure what with), there's a
beefy Ford narrowed rear end that accommodate 6 1/2 inch wheels with a  Datsun
stud pattern, and all in all it's pretty solid. Thanks for tips on  gearboxes
replace the auto - we're sourcing a manual 5-speed that will do the  trick.

The project will start in earnest after the BRE replica is complete. Should
be fun! Pictures to follow.

Best from England.
Rob
_www.fairlady.org_ (http://www.fairlady.org)
PS If anyone's affected by the California fires we're thinking of  you.