[Roadsters] 68 Convertible Top - Rubber/foam Seal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] 68 Convertible Top - Rubber/foam Seal
From: Larry Dziuba <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:46:26 -0600
Hello Listers,  I need your help in positioning the rubber seal piece that
sits on the bottom side of the bow.  Car was recently restored.  My new seal
piece came from one of our vendors.  It is slightly tapered at one edge &
thicker (~1/2") at the other edge.  It looks like a guy may have to tighten
down the front latches a bit at a time, over time since it is so thick.  I
am going to use some sort of silicone sealant.  Do I assume the thinner edge
faces foreward?  Also, should the seal  be postioned as far forward or
backwards as possible?  TIA!  Larry.