[Roadsters] 5 speed tranny - good news/bad news

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] 5 speed tranny - good news/bad news
From: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:31:01 -0800
Good News
It is IN!!!!!! - smooth and indeed I often forget to shift from 4 to 5 -
have to be careful when downshifting - have heard a few protests from
reverse <G>

Bad News
Tested the car at my smog guys place and am only getting 43/44 mph @ 2000
rpm. Problem is the 14 inch panasports w/low profile tyres - still it is
certainly an improvement - but not as dramatic as I had hoped - 'splains my
somewhat low mpg tho'

Could someone out there with stock wheels/tires let me know what the full
diameter(including tires)  is - just want to do the calculations for the
heck of it.

Peter
1970 SPL Roadster TOAD SAN (Eliza)