Re: [Roadsters] Map Light -- Any way to do better?

To: <nmleeds@mindspring.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Map Light -- Any way to do better?
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 16:39:55 -0400
Nathaniel,
I made one up for the "R" -
http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/lots-o-stuff.htm about halfway
down the page.

Made from a clear marker light from NAPA, a snap-in rocker switch, and a
piece of 1/8" thick aluminum.  Mounts to the stock holes.  The NAPA marker
light has two sockets on the back that accept barrel plugs, and I've seen
switches like that at Advanced Auto Parts and Radio Shack - Napa might even
have em too.

The switch has two "ears" that deflect when you push it into the hole, and
snap back out on the backside of the panel ( aluminum plate in this case).
I made the rectangular holes by drilling 1/8" holes at the corners, then
using a step drill to make larger holes inside the rectangle.  A hack saw
blade to rough cut the rest, then file to fit.  The light is a press fit
into the opening, then epoxied on the back

Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/