Re: [Roadsters] Map Light -- Any way to do better?

To: nmleeds@mindspring.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "'Mark
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Map Light -- Any way to do better?
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@jorsm.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:17:05 -0500
   Mark,

   Nathaniel  has  a  '69,  so  he is probably referring to the map light
   which goes into the front of the console, and pushes on-off.

   There's  actually  a  used low-windshield lamp on eBay right now, dirt
   cheap.

   Gary
   On Fri Nov 9 15:39 , "Mark Sedlack" sent:

     Nathaniel,
     I made one up for the "R" -
     http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/lots-o-stuff.htm  about
     halfway
     down the page.
     Made  from a clear marker light from NAPA, a snap-in rocker switch,
     and a
     piece  of  1/8" thick aluminum. Mounts to the stock holes. The NAPA
     marker
     light  has  two  sockets  on the back that accept barrel plugs, and
     I've seen
     switches  like  that  at Advanced Auto Parts and Radio Shack - Napa
     might even
     have em too.
     The  switch  has  two "ears" that deflect when you push it into the
     hole, and
     snap back out on the backside of the panel ( aluminum plate in this
     case).
     I made the rectangular holes by drilling 1/8" holes at the corners,
     then
     using  a  step  drill  to make larger holes inside the rectangle. A
     hack saw
     blade to rough cut the rest, then file to fit. The light is a press
     fit
     into the opening, then epoxied on the back
     Mark Sedlack
     ZROC
     Cuyahoga Falls OH
     66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/