Re: [Roadsters] solex float needle spring

To: <dansummers@comcast.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] solex float needle spring
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:02:37 -0500
Dan,
I emailed you a picture that I found on an eBay auction, showing both a
Solex carb, and a Hitachi carb.
Your email is a little confusing in that you mention "carb", not "carbs". If
you have one, not two, it's definitely not original on a 68' 2000. A Solex
carb will say Mikuni and/or Solex right on top. The Hitachi will have a
large cylinder shaped piece on top.
Here's a helpful hint for the future. Keep the "spring chickens" away when
working on your car... and try NOT working on it in the garden. HEHEHE!
Matt