[Roadsters] Fwd: RE: '67 original bias-ply tire source

To: datsun roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Fwd: RE: '67 original bias-ply tire source
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:43:01 -0800 (PST)
I believe that the 67 had a standard 1 inch W.W.

Nowadays, the 1.25-1.5 inch white walls (on either 13 or 14 inch rims) seem to
be radials set-up for lowriders. They are pretty readily available & are less
costly than the BF Goodrich Bias-Ply Tire.

http://tinyurl.com/2qsyww

The standard 1 inch white walls radials (175/70r14) are also still available
and pretty inexpensive.

Dan Zubkoff
Houston, TX

Seth Asher <sasher@olympiawest.com> wrote:

     I don't know if whitewalls (aka WWWs, or wide-white-walls) were  standard,
so if someone knows about the '67 in that regard that'd be good to  know too,
and also the width of the whitewall stripe.  I've seen some  pictures of
unknown year 310s, 311s, with 1", 1.5", and then also 1.5"-2"++  where the
whitewall "stripe" not only mates with the bead but seems also to  go under the
bead like spats a marching band member would wear, if you can see  that in your
mind's eye.