Re: [Roadsters] Overheating Question Part II

To: sandhoff@csus.edu
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Overheating Question Part II
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:42:58 GMT
You can often rent a sniffer from your local autoparts store... all you have
to do is buy the chemical, and it is not expensive.
Greg Burrows

-- John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu> wrote:
>  My car has rapidly overheated (in 3-4 minutes) the past couple
> of times I have driven it...

I still say head gasket. If you have the car together and running,
make a deal with your local smog shop. Offer them a few bucks to
take their tailpipe wand and 'sniff' the open radiator cap for
signs of hydrocarbons (i.e. exhaust gases). If it sniffs clean
then time to look elsewhere, and my apologies for the misdiagnosis.

-- John
    John F Sandhoff sandhoff@csus.edu  Sacramento, CA