Re: [Roadsters] Important Tire Information

To: <tom@datsun2000.com>, "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Important Tire Information
From: "Kevin McDonald" <ktmaustin@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:37:11 -0600
I had some real problems with my roadster.
It gradually pulled more and more to the right.
There were all forms of weird vibrations.
Rotating the tires didn't make any difference.
We checked the front end, ball joints, steering box, alignment, etc.
The tires were aging Vredistiens but had 80% tread and looked good.
I finally replaced all 4 with some basic Kumho's and 'all' the problems
disappeared.
My guess is that the old tires were delaminating from the inside?
My guess is that they were at least 15 years old...
Kevin