Re: [Roadsters] OT: Poll regarding 311s.org parts for sale drama

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: Poll regarding 311s.org parts for sale drama
From: Tom Duffy <tomuo@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:22:17 -0800
Darn, I missed out on the fun.

C is my vote here.   I've still got 3 years of backlogged roadster
mailing list
email to read through.   It grew to almost 10,000 unread messages, now I'm
down to 6500.

I just hit critical mass to get going on one small project for my 1600.
Got a 2"
polishing/sanding wheel kit so I can clean up the stock wheels and spray
some
 fresh "argent" silver on.
I had been contemplating having all 4 wheels and the spare powder
coated, but
that would mean putting the roadster on stilts for the meantime.  The
other way
is cheaper and can be done one at a time.

Now I just need to find a good replacement tyre for the 15 year old
Firestones
that are on there now. Still got great tread depth, but I'm afraid
there's no
structural integrity left inside.

I rode past the Bridgestone factory in Tokyo on my motorcycle everyday for
 about 4 years when I lived there, so I have a certain attraction to the
brand...

Oh, and one other project I did last month - used paint rubbing compound on
the soft top rear window as a last-resort attempt at getting it clear.
Whadayaknow,
it worked!

Tom.
'68 1600 patiently waiting for new rubber in Sunnyvale, CA