Re: [Roadsters] early 67 windshield and dash assembley

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] early 67 windshield and dash assembley
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:29:38 -0700
I presume that when you refer to the "little chrome surround" you are
refering to the edging all the way around the face of the dash.  If so, I'd
recommend assembling the dash complete, i.e. faceplate, then padded portion
and the chrome edging and installing all that as a unit.  That's cause that
bit of chrome edging requires those flat sheet metal lock washers to hold it
in place.  The dash is "fun" enough to install without trying to locate
where and how to install those onto the little bit of pin that pokes
through.

If you feel agile enough, install the instruments afterwards, although I did
mine beforehand.  It makes it a bit heavier, but the end result is that
you're not fighting to locate connectors, butterfly nuts, washers. etc while
upside down on your back.

DO mount the rearview mirror BASE, but not the actul mirror.

Once the dash is in place.... THEN the windshield.

But that's just my 2"
Enrique