[Roadsters] rear carb issue

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] rear carb issue
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:12:20 -0700
In the process of fixing a small fuel leak (new gasket) on the rear float on my
1600, I have discovered another issue with this carb: The over flow, which is
piped into the air cleaner, seems to be flowing fuel into the air cleaner
holder--not a lot but enough to be worrying. I have been smelling fuel off and
on for a few weeks or so, so I have to think this is a new issue.

How do I get this to stop?

The float does not have gas in it. And the spring valve in the float seems to
be working.

I have new carbs coming, but until then, and I do not know how long this will
be, I would like to fix this issue.

Thanks
Tim