Re: [Roadsters] rear carb issue

To: tputland@charter.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] rear carb issue
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:10:28 EDT
This is normally a float valve issue. Either it is worn out of has a bit of
 dirt in it.

keith williams

In a message dated 9/20/2009 2:23:03 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tputland@charter.net writes:

In the  process of fixing a small fuel leak (new gasket) on the rear float
on my 1600,  I have discovered another issue with this carb: The over flow,
which is piped  into the air cleaner, seems to be flowing fuel into the air
cleaner  holder--not a lot but enough to be worrying. I have been smelling
fuel off and  on for a few weeks or so, so I have to think this is a new
issue.

How  do I get this to stop?

The float does not have gas in it. And the  spring valve in the float seems
to be working.

I have new carbs coming,  but until then, and I do not know how long this
will be, I would like to fix  this  issue.

Thanks
Tim
You are subscribed as  keith0alan@aol.com

Datsun-roadsters mailing  list