Re: [Roadsters] OT GPS preprogramming?

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT GPS preprogramming?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:25:42 -0600
Tim,

While there may other options, we've used M$ Street & Trips for years.
Originally just a trip planning application, a number of years ago M$ added
GPS functionality using a USB connected dongle. IMO, it works great. Even
though it's Windows only we run it on a 13 inch MacBook under BootCamp and
XP. Check Amazon and the other usual suspects for cost, probably around $80
including the GSP do-dad. Software only is around $25 which M$ updates
(features and maps) every year.

Not sure how well it'll run on a small NetBook, but it should be fine on
the new, smaller laptops, all of which offer a bigger screen that even the
largest 3rd party GPS boxes. And you can use the laptop for other things,
too. If you want more info, let me know. Also checkout <
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/> for reviews and other options.

Ron