Re: [Roadsters] remaining roadsters

To: "Paul Kort" <paulsdatsunstuff@gmail.com>, "O'Farrell, Fergus P \(AS\)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] remaining roadsters
From: "Thomas Thompson" <tommy@dcwisp.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 10:07:34 -0800
Cc: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Of course there are. I can think of four 1500 three seaters that have been
to our annual Mount Shasta Datsun Roadster meet in the past 10-15 years (all
were drivers, and two were driven there). We had 80+ roadsters (all years)
there for the 10th annual meet in 1994, and I would bet that every car that
was at that meet still runs. The annual Mount Shasta and Solvang meets still
attract many cars from the western states. British Columbia, Washington,
Oregon (where I live), and California alone probably have several hundred
running roadsters.  I have continously owned  a '70 since buying the first
of four in '71, and two of those four are still on the road. Considering the
prices listed on another post, I would not sell my '70 2L (owned since '76,
solex's/frame off restoration in '88) for less than $20K. There are 7 or 8
roadsters in my small town alone (Roseburg, population 21,000), including a
beautiful 1500 three seater!