[Roadsters] Question : NPG as coolant

To: "'datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Question : NPG as coolant
From: Stephen Holst <stephen.holst@randrglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:42:03 -0500
HI:
There has been discussion in other older car forums about the use of NPG
(Evans waterless coolant for example) but I haven't been able to find
similar discussions that directly relate to Datsun  Roadsters and
specifically about the 2000. Where the differential expansion of the
aluminum head and cast iron block might be at issue.  My calculations
indicate in the worst case (due to reduced heat capacity of propylene
glycol) that a marginally cooled (two row radiator) might run at an
increased temperature approaching 190-200 degrees.  The temperature is well
below the breakdown temperature for normal oil (air cooled Porsche's run at
280 degrees) and synthetic oils are stable to temperatures of at least 270
degrees).
So the question is has any one used NPG in our cars.
This Question is especially tailored to the racing community where high
engine stress and concerns over local micro cavitations(heat generated)
might have pushed a trial.
Then maybe you are all using it and I have come late to the party.  I have
asked the question in my local group and they don't have any info.
Thanks for the review of this and any answers/speculations you can offer.
Regards
Steve
SRL-311 04711