Re: [Roadsters] CARB FLOAT REPAIR QUESTION

To: "E. Pirl" <edpirl@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] CARB FLOAT REPAIR QUESTION
From: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:58:10 -0800
Cc: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
I have had great success using a product called Mxbon 105, along with baking
soda to repair many plastic products. It's basically super glue, or
cryocyanate.

You spread a bit of baking soda powder in the crack, and then apply a drop of
super glue. It chemically alters the baking soda into becoming a plastic
polymer that bonds with your damaged plastic item.

After a few seconds, you can sand the new plastic bond smooth. The finished
product is a polymer bond far stronger than epoxy or glue. I've had even
better results with carbonate of soda. You bake bicarbonate of soda (baking
powder) for 30 minutes on a cookie sheet, and it chemically transforms to
carbonate of soda (drives out the oxygen). Mxbon 105 is a fast acting super
glue. Mxbon 424 is a slower acting super glue to give more time to position
the pieces.

Fred - So.SF, CA