fot

[Fwd: composit leaf springs]

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: composit leaf springs]
From: Grand_Wazoo <Grand_Wazoo@mail.flinet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:54:56 -0800
This is the sort of thing that begins to leave race organizations no
choice but to measure car weights and insist on ballast, etc.  A few
years ago a fellow competitor finally got rid of his 4 fiberglas
fenders, fiber hood, fiber trunk lid, kevlar rear springs and who knows
what else. Guess he figured out it wasn't what vintage racing was all
about.

At least some organizations re-classify cars that have non-original
weber carbs, disc brakes where they used to be drums etc.  but I'm sure
no ones going to get caught with plastic springs, only your sense of
fair play is involved.