fot

Re: Crankshafts

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crankshafts
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 96 11:58:27 EST
On Dec 30,  4:51am, "Dunst, Mordecai" wrote:
>      How many people are seriously interested in getting Billet Cranks?

Well, I'm hoping that mine will arrive any day now, so I'm
not in the market.

>      What modifications could we incorporate into a Crank that would
>      maximize the performance?  I.e. stroke..ballance...harmonics..

Well, balance and harmonics (dampening) seem like things to shoot
for.  Those of us running under SCCA rules are a bit limited as
to design - especially cahnges in stroke being disallowed.

>      What kind of redline RPM are we talking about?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been running at about
6300 to 6500 rpm in autocross use.  A maximum of 7500 would be
nice to give some safety margin.

>      Lets make a List of Vendors for the F.O.T..?

Jeff Snook recently posted the address for Moldex.  George
Wright and I are getting ours from Neptune Engineering, who
are supposedly a sub-contractor for Moldex.  Since George
has been the one contacting Neptune, I don't have their
address, but I believe that they are in Ohio, maybe the
Toledo area.

>      Velascos (speak to Henry)
>      310-862-3110
>      Downey, Ca.
>      Make Billet Cranks mostly for Hot Rods/ Drag cars...
>      10-12 week delivery.  Do all work on premesis except for Hardening.

Hmmmm, that sounds interesting,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm