fot

Re: Re[2]: Crankshafts

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Crankshafts
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 96 15:38:48 EST
On Dec 30,  3:12pm, "Dunst, Mordecai" wrote:
>      I just got off the phone with Bill at Moldex.  He quotes price at
>      $1350.00 for Crank made out of 4340.
>      Destressed/heat treated and delivered in 8 weeks.

Wow, that's great - I wonder how closely he'll stick
to that; last I heard Moldex was looking at a 26 week
turnaround time.  That was last fall, but still...
I think we ordered ours about Labor Day and expect them
someday soon.

>      About $350.  less than Velascos.

$1350 or $1400 was the price quoted by Neptune.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm