fot

TR3 race cams

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 race cams
From: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 17:43:38 -0800
I currently having the machine work done to build a new motor for my '59 =
TR3A racecar. The old block is in the trash.  I ended up using apart a =
long idle TR3 motor form a homemade dragster.  The piston liners were =
pitted so I taking apart a TR4 motor tomorrow in hopes that I can use =
the block form it and add the crank, prepared rods and 87MM pistons =
(these are all being crack tested) The camshaft from the motor I blew =
was stamped "1521" with no other markings on it other than the casting =
#. It's in 3 pieces so I can't reuse it, but if it is a good profile I =
suppose I could have a stock one reground to match. Does anyone =
recognize the #1521 as a particular manufacturer/version?

The second motor has a Crane Cam in it. It's marked IMP304 and C1061.  =
Same question.  I suppose 304 is the lift.

The pistons were AE #13958, 87 MM  and marked STD.  They are full sided =
with 3 rings.  Are these any good?
TIA

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
512-250-9498 fax 512-250-5434
TR6 x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage racer,=20