fot

Re: Triumph with Daytona history

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph with Daytona history
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 21:49:45 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> Tim Suddard, the publisher of Grassroots Motorsports, wrote a story
> a few years back about finding such a car in storage. He bought it,
> planning to restore it and write about the process.
>
> I can't remember the details, but the car came with logs indicating
> some race history at Daytona, though I don't believe it was the 24 Hours
> event.

Chris, et. al.: that article was reprinted in _The Vintage Triumph_
(VTR's magazine), issue #63. There Tim notes that the car was a 1957
Triumph "endurance race car" that had won its class at the Daytona
Continental in 1964 and 1965, and it had finished second in 1963.

--Andy

p.s. I might have Tim's article (or a version of it) filed away in my
e-mail if anyone is interested. Let me know and I'll dig around for it.