fot

Re: Triumph with Daytona history

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph with Daytona history
From: Patrick McMullen <mcmullen@bgsm.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 07:48:21 -0800
Two years ago,

I attended a VTR regional event in Daytona.  In attendance were two TR-4
race cars.  One was a 4a.  Mr. Fred Schmidt owns both and was telling us
about the cars.  These had both raced at the Daytona Continental.  If I
remember correctly, In 1967, the 4a won its class and the 4 took second,
18th overall behind Ford GT's and Ferraris.  That same weekend we got to
meet Mr. Bill Cannon.  Mr. Cannon was the man who actually prepared
these Tr4's in the mid 1960's.  He had a scrap book he let us look at.
In that scrap book there were pictures of a TR3 that raced at Daytona 24
hour race.  I can't tell you what year or how it faired only that I have
seen pictures and talked to a man that was there.

Not much help but thought I'd mention it anyway!

Pat in NC