fot

Wanted:...Opinions

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanted:...Opinions
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 20:40:36 -0500 (EST)
Fellow knuckle busters...

Well it has finally come to a dark day here at the ole Nick Ranch...I'm gonna
have to break down and actually BUY some TR bits! My GT6, which as some of
you may know, is an old SCCA car which I am attempting to revert to some
semblence of a street car. As usual, everything is taking 2 to 3 three times
longer than I planned, but it has gotten to the point that I need to start to
seal up all the apertures on the car. All the seals and window guides are
missing, and try as I might, I just can't seem to pull them off of a junk car
in one piece <g>. SO, I'm in the market for a new set of seals. I note that
Vicky Brit shows a complete set which includes repro "fuzzy" seals at the
door waist/window interface. They do not seem to sell these seals seperately,
so I'm lookin at the set. Anyone have any experience with these  "repro"
seals? Is there a better source? I note that TRF has an add touting their
window seals for the TR4-6 cars, do they make superior GT style seals?
So many questions, so little knowlege...

On another note, I feel I must reply to all the questions as to the relevance
of the term "Malaboge". Well actually, it was only a few...alright I'm
replyin to both you guys who asked! <g> Since I'm on AOL, and every other
Tom, Dick and Malaboge is on this service, you gotta get inventive with a
"Handle", or be known as Nick number 3024. Now as I recall, back in Mrs
Hoover's 10th grade Lit class, we had to read Dante's Inferno, and therein I
seem to recall that "Malaboge" was the eighth circle of Hell, wherein the the
malicious and the malcontent were forced to spend eternity. As I figure that
this is just about my speed, I thought I'd get a jump on it now! <g>. Of
course I could have this all wrong, its been more than enough time since the
10th grade to get those synapses all messed up.

On a final note, I'm off this weekend to take the TVR out to Thunder Hill
Park (local SCCA race track) for a jaunt around the track. This is a scouting
trip as I expect to run the GT6 there in the solo 1 races (if I ever get it
together-'course no one else has this problem, right ?).

Now how does that go...heel and toe, or toe and feel
      Nick in Nor Cal