fot

Re: How Big a Bore ?

To: Henry Morrison <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Subject: Re: How Big a Bore ?
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 08:05:17 -0800
Henry Morrison wrote:

> I am going to rebuild my TR3 engine and since all my friends with 1600 cc MGA
> engines have them punched out to 1900+ cc's, I am wondering how far beyond 87
> mm the TR block can go and what pistons someone else may have used to
> accomplish this..
>
>                                          Regards Henry
Henry,

In my opinion an 87mm piston is the maximum that should be allowed in
vintage racing.  Anything more is an obvious disregard for the spirit of
vintage racing and car preparation to period specs.  However...........
if you want to go to 89mm pistons call Ken Gilanders of British Frame
and Engine in California, phone: 818/443-0939.  I have heard of people
going over 90mm, but have no verification of this.

Jeff Snook
Battle of Britain Racing
1960 TR3A (slighted crumpled)