fot

Head Case-Response

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Case-Response
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:04:57 -0600
FOT:

I received a wide range of responses....good stuff!!! Thank you!

After weighing the responses these are my conclusions:

*       Penetrating my squish area would not be a satisfying experience :-).
*       This not meant to be a "killer" engine...just an exercise.
*       I see significant diminishing H.P. returns on the delta of C.R.
*       The engine will go through a major rebuild for 1998 season and we can
remove more material if we think it is important then.

Plan of Action:

Mill head about .160     I think this will get me about 11:1 CR

Your comments?

Note: The current head shows about 210# of pressure in each cylinder and
I have a "calculated" CR of 10:8:1. Does any one have any benchmark
correlations between the # pressures & Compression Ratios?

OK, I forgot to ask one more thing. We have a nice set of push rods that
look easy to cut down and shorten. If I take .160 off of the head, how
much do I take off of the push rods?  The aluminum rocker arm pedestal
shims I made up 5 years ago have worked quite well, but it is time to
eliminate them.

Regards FOT,

Alexander Racing

P.S.

Check website for the "Jack & Joe Show"-
http://members.aol.com/VSCDAL/mainv3.htm

Room of Truth: The Red one does not always lead the Blue...nor are these
two always a head of the Yellow one.

I have one photo of the Red one leading a Porsche 356 and I am content
to leave it at that without any further comments.