fot

CLOSE RATIO TRANS GEARS

To: FOT@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: CLOSE RATIO TRANS GEARS
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 10:06:59 -0500
Last fall, Joe Alexander and I undertook a project to develop a supplier
of close ratio transmission gears for Triumph TR3-4-6.

We were unable to complete the project at that time for reasons that
might bore you (those are the best weasel words I can think of).

I am considering reopening this project and bringing it to completion if
there is sufficient interest. I want close ratio gears but the price of
one set is prohibitive.

This kit would use the stock input shaft and require no modifications to
the case. It would provide a higher third and a higher second ratio,
virtually identical to the original TriumphTune parts. The gears would
be straight spur gears, not helical gears, and could be somewhat more
noisy than stock. They would be fully synchronized. There would be no
change to first gear.

We have the gears engineered. We have a reputable manufacturer willing
to make them. Shortly we will have a written quote. I would shoot for
mid-winter or earlier availability.

Like all manufactured products, price is quantity-dependent. IF IF IF we
have ten sets made, we are hoping for a price between $1200 to $1500 per
set.

I do not have the financial means nor the desire to bankroll an
inventory of the gears, but am willing to provide the complete project
management - I'll place orders, deal with the supplier, ship to
customers, etc If there are ten firm customers.

Please email your response to me if you would be truly interested and
would be willing to remit a firm deposit (a portion of the final price)
should the project come to fruition.

Jack W. Drews (uncle jack)