fot

Re: Oil Pressure.

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure.
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 05:34:45 -0500
Dunst, Mordecai wrote:

> Interesting:
>
>      I have been leeking through the dipstick hole and have tried
>      "o" rings, teflon and rebending the stick without much success..
>
>      Mordy
I re-engineered my catch tank for this year. Last year I was using an
exhaust vacuum system. This year I mounted a catch tank on the footwell
- above the line that separates the block and the pan. During the first
session on the track, the catch tank filled, overflowed, smoked, etc
etc. We ended up moving the tank to a high position and the problem went
away.

I was astonished that this much oil is forced against the side of the
block this high. G forces at work. I will look at the dipstick problem
too. I was so busy with other stuff that it may have leaked and I didn't
notice it. How about a spring attached to the distributor tower to hold
the dipstick tight against a seal?