fot

[Fwd: Re: Big Bore Kits]

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Big Bore Kits]
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 18:48:02 -0700
As ususal, I agree with Joe!  I've had the same set of pistons and
liners (87mm) for roughly 50 races.  It's been re-ringed 3 or 4 times.
I ran compression numbers even lower than Joe's for 2-3 years and have
always limited max rpm to 6000 (ok, I cheated at Daytona and Road
America).
I used a normal differential with 3.7 gears for a couple of years and
than went to the ultimate limited slip, it's welded solid. compression
has been slowly increased over the years as well as cam agressiveness
but it's still a 6000 rpm motor and it still has the 3.7 rear.

Lots to be gained in the suspension department.

Even more in driver development.

The people that race Triumphs and other British iron are a lot of fun.
I look forward to seeing you at a race in the southeast someday.

mike jackson