fot

RE: VTR Nationals, Re: John and Val's Excellent Weekend

To: "emanteno@ix.netcom.com" <emanteno@ix.netcom.com> (Return requested),
Subject: RE: VTR Nationals, Re: John and Val's Excellent Weekend
From: "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com>
Date: 17 Jul 1997 09:59:28 -0500
Some comments on this thread from one member of the club (Minnesota
Triumphs) hosting the 98 VTR National:

Bob Kramer, Austin TX, wrote: "One of the subjects that came up at the VTR
meeting was why the turnout at the Nationals is declining."

 -- I don't know whether it is declinging or whether it isn't, but our intent
is to go all-out for the best attendance possible on July 22-25, 1998 in
Winona, MN.  This includes the use of gratuitous plugs such as included in
the previous sentence.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX, wrote: "I suggest that we attempt to have every VTR
National in a locale nearby to some very special feature like a Vintage race
weekend."

 -- Not the easiest thing to do given lead times, hotel availabilities and
thousands of other variables.  All that said, however, if the Chicago
Historics are again on the third weekend in July in 1998, it will be the
weekend before the '98 VTR.  The Historics are held in "nearby" Elkhart
Lake, Wisconsin.  Does one of the racers on this list know the correct date
of the '98 Chicago Historics?  Irv?

R John Lye wrote: "It was nice to see so many race cars in the show - this
is something that I'd really like to see the VTR encourage.  There are a lot
of really neat cars out there on the vintage circuit that a lot of folks
would really enjoy seeing."

 -- Couldn't agree more.  What can we do from our end (host club) to
encourage their attendance?  And what could any of you do to help?

Andy Lindberg (TR3 in Minnesota)

p.s.  Let me also take this opportunity to say "tak sa myka" to the Red
River Triumph club for the Fort Worth event.  We're only beginning to get an
idea of how much work goes into organizing an event of this magnitude.  And
I personally really appreciated how well they treated some of us
heat-deranged northerners.

p.p.s.  I hate to admit this, but the temps in Minnesota this week are as
high as they were in Fort Worth last week.  It's not normal for us, but it
does happen.  Does anybody want to buy a non-air-conditioned '64 Volvo?