fot

RE: VTR Nationals, Re: John and Val's Excellent Weekend

To: Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com, emanteno@ix.netcom.com,
Subject: RE: VTR Nationals, Re: John and Val's Excellent Weekend
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:01:19 -0700
         -- Couldn't agree more.  What can we do from our end (host club) to
        encourage their attendance?  And what could any of you do to help?

Put the emphasis on driving events, not static displays. The members
of the Autocross Advisory Board are going to get more involved in
trying to assure the quality of the autocross event from year to year;
we probably need the same for the rallyes.

This is admittedly a tension in VTR; there's a very large concours contigent
that doesn't care about driving events, just pouring money time and attention
into getting their cars perfect. That, however, doesn't attract vintage
racers or the people who actually use their cars.