fot

RE: Leaky pushrod tubes

To: "'cak@dimebank.com'" <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: RE: Leaky pushrod tubes
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 08:49:09 -0500
Triumph Friends...

This doesnt seem to work for everyone, but I take a Craftsman socket, I
think it is a 1/2" drive that necks down into a 3/8" or 1/2" nut size.
The radius makes a nice contact with the tube at the opening. I tap this
lightly for an extended period of time, swaging the tube tight against
the casting. This can be done on the tops of the tubes with head in
place or both sides when the head is off.

No more leaky tubes on this TR4 race engine  :-)

Comment: I think some tubes were steel and some were aluminum but cant
remember when they changed.

Alexander Racing & Touring Society