fot

RE: Akron TR4 parts

To: "'Alexander Joseph H'" <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: RE: Akron TR4 parts
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 17:30:59 -0400

Joe wrote:

>I am going to be at Mid-Ohio in October (Catpusher Cavorts at the
>Runoffs) ......

This is great news! I'll be paddocked near worker camping in a white
motorhome next to EP #37 (I hope) white TR-4. All FOT please consider this
an invitation to a very low-keyed (hopefully edible) dinner after
activities on Thursday evening. I plan to bring some home smoked ribs.
Beans. Plenty of beverages. I'm pleased that Swanson Williams will be with
us along with John Lye and a bunch of good friends from the Datsun 510
camp.

I was glad to meet J. Harkness at Mid-Ohio last month. I guess he felt a
little sorry for me and gave me some tips about driving the track (my first
time there and it really is a handful). Went to the grid on slicks beaming
optimism. And after 3-4 laps there was a pretty dry line forming. Everyone
else was on rains. I could see some brightening in the heavy cloud cover
and was working my way through the pack. I was thinking I had made a very
astute decision. Then at the braking zone at the end of the backstraight
(T5-6?) I lost it. I had so much rain-x and no-fog on the visor it never
even seemed it was raining. Back on track and got through another lap
before some excessive wheel-wrenching in the chicane. Two more laps and two
more spins and I call it a day at lap 13.

Neat track though and just a wonderful facility.

Sorry for my prolonged absence. I've been out of town a lot.

I would like to follow through on the axle order. I've had recent interest
from J. Harkness, J. Lye, G. Wright, A. Pinell. Between us we will meet the
minimum. Jack, Bob, Irv, Mike are you still interested? $145 ea + freight.
TR-4 OR TR-3. 6-8 week delivery. Let me know.