fot

TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net, parts@easynet.co.uk
Subject: TR3A
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 97 09:18:35 pst
     I have restored a 1960 TR3A of Mike Rothschild -he bought the car to
     commemorate his 1960 Le Man's Team Prize win.  Bottom line is that he
     doesn't want the car nor do I.  I restored it 1991 and was featured
     in Motor Trend in August of that year.  It is Signal Red with 72spoke
     s.s. wire wheels.  The car has not been on the street or driven since
     August 1991.  It is complete non-overdrive except for the rag top
     bows.  The car is beautiful and straight. Otherwise it is nothing more
     than a VERY clean/older restoration TR3A.

     A local auto-broker has a client that is in Switzerland looking for a
     TR3 (red).  They are offering me 10K for the car. -They seem too eager
     -indicating that their client will likely pay more ...

     ..The car has not started and the fuel is very old....It needs some
     going over to ensure road worthiness but otherwise not much else.

     What is the fair market value of the above  TR3 in the UK and European
     common market?  A picture of it can be seen on my web page at
     www.headgasket.com under photos.  Any comments will be appreciated.
     They want to make the deal in the next week or so.

     T.I.A.
     Mordy