fot

Re: TR3A

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@SMTPLINK.COH.ORG>
Subject: Re: TR3A
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 15:03:41 -0700
Dunst, Mordecai wrote:

>      I have restored a 1960 TR3A of Mike Rothschild -he bought the car to
>      commemorate his 1960 Le Man's Team Prize win.  Bottom line is that he
>      doesn't want the car nor do I.  I restored it 1991 and was featured
>      in Motor Trend in August of that year.  It is Signal Red with 72spoke
>      s.s. wire wheels.  The car has not been on the street or driven since
>      August 1991.  It is complete non-overdrive except for the rag top
>      bows.  The car is beautiful and straight. Otherwise it is nothing more
>      than a VERY clean/older restoration TR3A.
>
>      A local auto-broker has a client that is in Switzerland looking for a
>      TR3 (red).  They are offering me 10K for the car. -They seem too eager
>      -indicating that their client will likely pay more ...
>
>      ..The car has not started and the fuel is very old....It needs some
>      going over to ensure road worthiness but otherwise not much else.
>
>      What is the fair market value of the above  TR3 in the UK and European
>      common market?  A picture of it can be seen on my web page at
>      www.headgasket.com under photos.  Any comments will be appreciated.
>      They want to make the deal in the next week or so.
>
>      T.I.A.
>      Mordy

Mordy,

Having just spent the better part of three months trying to locate a
good donor car for my broken race car, I can give you some input.  The
way you discribed the car it sounds like it's worth more than $10,000
even here in the states.  I was willing to go up to around $8,000 for a
car and could not find anything that was decent.  The good ones were
more like $12,000 to $15,000.

Good luck!

Jeff