fot

chain saws

To: Malaboge@aol.com
Subject: chain saws
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 16:31:46 -0700
must be something in the air Nick.  Today I rented a chainsaw to take
out two pine trees that were struck by lightening while I was at
Mid-Ohio this summer - thats the only connection to the FOT list.  Gotta
tell you, I'm whipped! as I type this I have cramps in my hands, arms
and feet (of all things).  Maybe I didn't take enough beer for the job.
But I was able to make use of some low tech racing equipement, I had my
car tie-downs attached to a rope high in the tree  pulling for all it
was worth in the direction I preferred the tree to fall.  Amazingly
enough it worked.

Now if some crew would arrive in the middle of the night and remove all
the pine that is laying next to my driveway.