fot

VTR and comp cars

To: friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR and comp cars
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:28:05 -0500
Darn. Now you guys are going to go and create a comp class and I will no
longer have any excuse whatsoever for not belonging to VTR.

In terms of judging, I have really mixed emotions. I've shown cars in
really loose and "people's choice" shows and the outcomes are seldom
fair. On the other hand, where rules are highly structured (like AACA,
excellent system, and I was once a certified judge) the rules seem
almost too precise.

Maybe we could do some creative stuff, like not penalizing for
competition-imparted cosmetic flaws like rock chips?

How about making one of the rules a "sound" rule -- each car has to do a
rap-off so everybody can hear it?

Or maybe there should just be some award for just letting us all just
see and enjoy them. To have in one spot aold  Peyote, an Ambro, a
Thunderbolt, and a TRS? Don't know if my ticker could take it...