fot

Re:Axles

To: Chip Bond <spirals@ESINET.NET>
Subject: Re:Axles
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:37:40 -0500
Chip Bond wrote:

> On frustrated hold.

Chip -

I will purchase a set of the Sway-a-Way axles as coordinated by Chip..

Why?

1. I already have a set of Snook hubs.
2. I have priced the Ford alternative and think it will cost about $1000
up front. I will do that only when my Quaiffe fails.
3. I'm convinced that reproduction axles, made of new, good, heat
treated steel, will be just fine for vintage racing.
4. I appreciate Ted Schumacher's offer to develop splined axles/hubs but
that approach has enough unknowns that it takes me outside my comfort
blanket - er - zone