fot

Re: Wheel value?

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Wheel value?
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 19:05:57 -0500
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> One of the last good weekends of the year, clear, sunny, but cool.    What I
>have is a set of 4 of the American Racing
> 8 spoke magnesium wheels, 15 x 5, no matching lug nuts, none of the thread-on
>spinners.
> So, I have these wheels, and nothing to put them on.  Should I sell them?
> What are they worth, $100 each, $200 each?  Decisions, decisions....
>
> mjb.

This is a tempatation that I am going to resist. According to my meager
library, wheels such as this were fitted to the Triumph TR4 Rallye cars
when shipped to North America to compete in the Trans Canadian Rally.
(Three cars survive in England, according to Neil Rivington). I have a
loose replication of a rallye car, but I'd use the wheels only for show.
Think I'll put the $$ in a set of new tires instead, but they sure are a
tempting period piece.........hey Mark do you suppose Rivington would be
interested?