fot

Axle update

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Axle update
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 19:48:59 -0500
I commited to the order last week, 28 pieces in all. Not a bad group
purchase guys.! I tried to get a little better price based on the volume,
but the crafty salesperson, sensing the order would be placed anyway,
declined.

I had two TR4 axles and one TR3 axle to pull dimensions from. There is some
variation and all of us will have to "shim-to suit". It looks like the TR3
drivers will have to shim a little more. Evidently the bearing stop and
journal were a little different. About .040" But to save the expense of a
new set=up and programming change, all the axles are the same from the
treaded portion to the main length of the shaft. Only the main shaft length
changes.

To help ensure fit with mating components, a new hub, new bearing, one each
of both axles and the splined spider gears from the diff were all sent to
the manufacturer.

I expect delivery here by 15 Jan. I will ask for your payment toward the
end of this month.

Wow, what next, crossflow cyl heads anyone?

Just finished the official end of Thanksgiving meal, turkey stew. (glad
it's gone).

Great TR planning going on for 98, Joe, I hope I can hook up with you all
somewhere. I guess we could always run in exibition. Or maybe put a small
roll structure in the TR3??.....

Take care all....
Chip