fot

Re: Maybe You Heard This One...

To: Malaboge <Malaboge@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: Maybe You Heard This One...
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:59:58 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Regarding Nick's mention of "deep freezing" axles...

I was just flipping through some racing publication that I picked up at
"race-a-rama" last spring. I didn't make up the name of the event -
really. At any rate, the publication was some kind of racer's advertising
medium. I don't think there were any articles, just hundreds of pages of
race cars and parts, mostly for circle track cars.

But one thing I did notice was that there were one or two companies that
advertised a service to "season" a brand new block by deep-freezing it,
and that this allegedly makes the parts more reliable - possibly like
getting a good "seasoned" engine block is supposed to do.

So, maybe there's something to this process, and I for one am very
curious if there is anything to it. I'll have to start asking folks that
know metalurgy about this...

Later,
rml
p.s. I just got a Detroit Locker for my TR6 last night - ooooooooh.
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |