fot

Greetings from Japan

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com
Subject: Greetings from Japan
From: john hornbostel <mgbme@crisscross.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 22:09:05 +0900
Joe,

Sorry for the late reply to your e-mail from a month or so ago. Life has
been busy here in Tokyo, but it's been great to dial up the computer and
read the FOT correspondence.
I am planning to be in the USA in July and plan to run the TR3 at
Elkhart. In fact, I think my wife Maggie has already got a B&B booked
somewhere in the PLymouth area. Looks to be a great event.
Vintage racing in Japan has a small but very enthusiastic following.
There are several road course tracks within 2-3 hrs of Tokyo. There is
an ex-pat Brit who lives down the street who has a nice MGB (former
Seattle car) that he will be racing this year. The biggest challenge
here, after finding a place to park/store your car, is to pass the
Drivers Racing Exam in Japanese!
Look forward to seeing you in Wisconsin.

John Hornbostel